EACH DAY IS AN ADVENTURE, AND EACH IS ONLY A SEASON OF OUR LIFE.....

As each week goes by so incredibly fast, I hope to blog more often, to keep connected with friends and family. I want to encourage, build up, and love others by showing them the blessings and struggles we experience.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Addison in April

Addison is 15 months old now! She is a very busy girl. We haven't taken her for her 15 month well check yet, so I don't have the stats...but I do know she is not quite 20 pounds yet, and her legs are too long for 12 month clothes. And I know her waist is 15 inches! That's a growth of 4 inches! Why do I know this? When she was born my sister and I were amazed at how tiny she seemed. It was amazing how much tinier she seemed than Parker, we measured her waist so we could tell her one day she had an 11 inches waist! Well now, she's too tall for 12 month clothes. But 18 month clothes generally fall off of her after 5 steps of walking....so I measured her waist to get her skirts and pants taken in. Geez, what a problem to have! Addison is doing well health wise by the way. It's a 2 person job most nights to give her her anitbiotic, but we manage. She is busy busy busy. Getting into everything and figuring things out way too fast. She can blow her nose on command now into a kleenex, and even does it on her own if she picks up a kleenex, that's what it's for afterall! She can blow into a nice noisy whistle that showed up at Easter. She can push herself to go down a slide...but doesn't like it if she pushes before you make it to the bottom! Addison loves to cuddle her stuffed animals. She loves the kitchen toys. She loves the kitchen! She is always at my feet in the kitchen, and loves to "help" load the dishwasher. This mostly involves me chasing down the silverware from the the trash or where ever she took it to. She also loves Parker. She wants to be where he is, have what he has, and do what he does. He's not always happy about this and it doesn't always work out how she wants. Addison is finally getting teeth! 8 now to be exact! She's a bit of a grump sometimes with all these teeth, and a little bit slobbery too! Addison's hair is growing bit by bit, it's nothing compared to what Parker had at this age, but we know Addison does EVERYTHING in her time, no one else's. It's long enough that if I don't tie it back the front gets in her eyes, but not long everywhere so it's a tiny ponytail on top. Well, I've been putting bows in her hair since birth so that when she needed them she wouldn't fight me. Well this month she started pulling them out when I put them in and when I told her NO she would start to cry and get big crocodile tears. So, I started putting little elastics in that she couldn't pull out. This worked great! No hair in her eyes, and no bow to pull out. After a couple days I started adding bows. The crying returned, but I was determined. One morning while getting ready, Parker said " Mama, no bow, Addisy cry." So funny, he didn't want to hear it that morning I guess....well it's paid off though, it only lasted a couple weeks and now we can do elastic and bow and they stay in all day long.

Addison in the kitchen with her kitchen toys. If she is standing up, she is on the run, there is no time to stop and pose for a picture, she has playing to do!


Sweet Addison


Addison on the outside, looking in. This picture cracks me up. Sometimes it seems like she's trying to make us laugh.

If Parker can walk to the car himself I can. Addison wants to walk everywhere. Although it's not really a fast mode of transportation. Her light weight makes it way easier for me to carry her. She has started becoming limp and straightening herself into the shape of a snake when you pick her up so that she can slide out of your arms and back onto the ground/floor again.

Cheese! I'm getting to be such a big girl!


I still love to eat! Pasta is one of my favorites! Her teeth are slowing her down a bit though, she doesn't seem much in the mood to eat when they are bothering her. And the only way she lets us see is if we put her upside and make her laugh. Otherwise, fat chance at seeing those pearly whites!

2 comments:

  1. Her and Eleri have so many similarities!!! It must be the age
    we had Eleri's well check today. She was 30.5" tall and 20.4lbs. Just two weeks ago she was 22lbs though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a big girl now! what are we gonna do ?!! :D

    ReplyDelete