EACH DAY IS AN ADVENTURE, AND EACH IS ONLY A SEASON OF OUR LIFE.....

As each week goes by so incredibly fast, I hope to blog more often, to keep connected with friends and family. I want to encourage, build up, and love others by showing them the blessings and struggles we experience.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 2010: Guardian of the Parks

April has been such a beautiful month in Minnesota. With all the snow melted and the sun shining, "Let's go on a walk" has become one of Parker's daily requests and expectations of activities. I think that Parker's name, meaning Guardian of the Park, is very fitting for him now. We have been to so many parks this month and played and played and played and walked and walked that I really think that he thinks it's his job to check all the parks! We have been outside so much already that I have a tan line where my watch goes! It's so nice to be able to be outside and not be 90 degrees and sweating. A lot of days we pack a lunch to eat, and one day I was thinking it was so hot, and my sunglasses were fogging up on me on our walk. Addison's face and arms were red and I was terrified that I had burned her (I didn't, whew). When we left and we got in the car I checked the temp and it was a whole 69 degrees! I laughed at myself and called my friend in Texas to tell her how silly I am to think 69 is hot when she is already enduring 80 to 90 degree weather. I have to say, I am so glad I am not! It's nice being 70, the sun is warm, warm enough to make me hot and my glasses fog up, and it's cool enough at night (and not dusty) to open the window and let fresh air in. We haven't run our heat or air all month I don't think, at least not much. :)
This month we went to the Oxbow zoo again, they had a program going on about the bear waking up from her hibernation. They hid all her food in her cage and then let her out to search for it. The kids liked it, and it was fun. We didn't have any visitors or go anywhere, but the month still flew by. I can't believe we are moving in 4 months! This year is flying by so fast. Still no idea where we are going by the way.
A big thing to us this month was that Micheal and I got to go on 2 dates! The kids stayed with a girl from church whom they have really taken too. It was wonderful to get out and the kids at least Parker was more than happy to go play with someone new. Addison does well, but she still rather loves her mommy and would prefer to be with her all the time instead.

This is a view of a river we cross on our walks.

I took this picture to show you that they are already running paddle boats in the river. You can rent them and pedal your way up the river and back.

Addison at one of the playgrounds. This is a ship shaped structure.

This is Hayden, she is 2 days younger than Addison. Her mom and I have become good friends and try to get together once a week.

I thought this was a sweet picture of them from behind.

This is Parker's friend Liam. He was also born the same week as Parker, and is Hayden's brother. They are from Arkansas and just moved to Minnesota a couple of months before us. Our kids are seriously days apart. We met at church. It was/is such a God thing that we were connected.

Addison in the playground.

Addison at the zoo. She has figured out how to stand on the foot rest and how to pull herself up to see what she wants to see in the stroller.

Another of her at the zoo.

Parker and Addison on a fine spring day in Minnesota.

And of course we did celebrate Easter this month, Parker has started this sideways head everytime you take his pictures. Funny kid. But still handsome!

We could not get a good picture of them together yet, but we will....literally, if you put Addison down, she walks, it's like one of those wind up toys. They were so beautiful though in their matching outfits. We will have a photo shoot again soon when we can get Addison to stand still!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun. It's neat how you can see his name meaning
    being manifested!:) their Easter outfits are sooo cute too!

    ReplyDelete