EACH DAY IS AN ADVENTURE, AND EACH IS ONLY A SEASON OF OUR LIFE.....

As each week goes by so incredibly fast, I hope to blog more often, to keep connected with friends and family. I want to encourage, build up, and love others by showing them the blessings and struggles we experience.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Food

Hmm...what could a post with title food have in it? Well, it's not about Addison and her new foods as she grows and tries a new one each week. But, about Parker and his pickiness. A while ago, we were eating dinner, it was a rice and meat casserole type thing, all ingredients Parker has eaten before and has liked, but on this night, as soon as I put it in front of him, he said "Yuck!" I told him he didn't even try it, and showed him how we were going to use a tortilla to eat it. He decided he would eat the tortilla, but not with the rice in it.....the funny part is that if there was any part of the rice that had touched the tortilla, he gave it back to me and told me "eewwww" and wouldn't eat that part. So picky, and observant~! It reminded me of me.....I am still picky and I remember being that picky. It's interesting to me how this is occurring, like it's hereditary or something. I don't really know how to handle it yet....I want him to have healthy eating habits, and I know he liked what we were having, just being picky that night for some reason, but I also know how miserable I was having to eat all these foods I did not like. And believe me, some of these foods, I would much rather eat, my life would be so much easier, but I still do not like them, even if I try them. For example, Micheal and I don't really like green beans, but we eat them now because we know they are good for us, and to set an example. But, can I really force a 2 year old to eat green beans just because they are good for him? So, Parker had a piece of plain bread for dinner instead, when he asked for snack...that's our solution for now....as he gets older, maybe I can convince him to try it and eat a little, but I don't know how I will force him to eat something he doesn't like.......sometimes we just don't like things!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a development stage. Maybe trying to
    figure out boundaries. You can always hide good nutrition, google Sneaky Chef or check out Decepively Delicious. I've tried several things based on my own rules: 1. Food will not be an issue in our home. I don't push it or make a big deal of it. 2. You eat what I cook or nothing at all so what I've found is that providing dessert is the best motivator. Frozen yogurt after dinner with blueberries is what we provide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, I don't want food to be an issue....I don't want him to eat it because it's there or because he has to finish his plate if he's full...but he also needs to eat healthy and learn to eat too when it's offered...I don't want him to think snack time is bed time! I'll check out those sites, you are such an asset, like a walking encyclopedia...if only you were a doctor, that could make our lives even easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that picky thing would come banck and bite you in the behind! just kiddin :)

    ReplyDelete