EACH DAY IS AN ADVENTURE, AND EACH IS ONLY A SEASON OF OUR LIFE.....

As each week goes by so incredibly fast, I hope to blog more often, to keep connected with friends and family. I want to encourage, build up, and love others by showing them the blessings and struggles we experience.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A walk to get out

Yesterday Parker would not take a nap! So after 45 minutes or so of fighting with him, I told him he could get up, but he had to read some books quietly for a while, which he did. But, as the afternoon went on, he was grumpier and grumpier. Addison woke up from her nap then of course all happy and rested. We decided to take a walk. I am very talented, I must say, as I had a boy on a tricycle, and a girl in a stroller...and the boy on the bike can't quite pedal up hills and such so I had to push a stroller and a trike! You should have seen us go! We were super wide, taking up the whole sidewalk. Anyway on our walk I saw a grasshopper, calmly perched on a railing. I told Parker to look, but he couldn't see so I picked him and brought him closer to the grasshopper. He looked at it, as it sat still and watched us. Parker started saying "die, die" (who taught him this during the few weeks up to and during the move by the way?? He says this when we swat at flies too) We talked about how the grasshopper wasn't bothering anyone and didn't need to die. Not sure what he really understands about dying other than he sees us swat a fly and put it in the trash, and he knows the trash is "ewwww" Then the grasshopper started walking....this freaked Parker out...he wanted down and away from his sight immediately. Amazing how he can be so fearless sometimes, feeding a deer even, but this tiny grasshopper left him terrified of the unknown, not knowing what the grasshopper would do. It makes me think about and remember how much our children learn and take in everyday. It's so nice to be here with him to experience and watch new things.

A positive on our walk though, I found a Dairy Queen within walking distance! Now, in the warm days we have of course, we can take an afternoon walk and go get an ice cream for snack if we want! How fun! We'll have to try it out soon.

3 comments:

  1. super mom to the rescue! thats too cute!
    who taught him the "die,die" thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...was it you? You had contact with him before we left.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm sure it was Bailey. Cole would NEVER teach Parker anything like that! Cute blog Kim! I love it!!!
    - Wendy

    ReplyDelete