EACH DAY IS AN ADVENTURE, AND EACH IS ONLY A SEASON OF OUR LIFE.....

As each week goes by so incredibly fast, I hope to blog more often, to keep connected with friends and family. I want to encourage, build up, and love others by showing them the blessings and struggles we experience.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Growing is amazing

So, the other night, Parker woke up with a bad dream, and came to my bed....I had heard him talking in his sleep and awaited for his arrival. In he came of course. He does this often, and falls right back asleep as soon as I put him in our bed. As I was laying there holding him, I was thinking, is he asleep enough to put back in his bed yet? and then I thought do I want to put him back in his bed? He's so sweet, and he'll only be little for so much longer and I want to enjoy this time with him. So, then I started thinking about him growing. I could feel how long he was from his head by my head, and his feet by my knees......and I thought about what it would be like if I was holding Addison right now instead and how their size is so different, but that Parker used to be where Addison is now, and that before that...they were both microscopic...Wow! God is amazing to create us, so small, and we grow so fast, but then not so much in the same ways....I mean think about what would we look like if we always grew at least a foot a year? It's just so amazing to think about our lives and how God created us, and we grow each day....Parker and Addison are still so small, I can't imagine what they will look like in 6 months, but 6 months ago? They were so much different, and the time and the change goes so fast, it seems unnoticed at times...but wow, stop...look at your kids, look at you....how have you grown for God, because He's the one who has allowed it......I'm so thankful to God for my children and the glorious and wondrous changes and "growing pains" we will experience together.

3 comments: